Friday 12 May 2017

Art Contest Cancelled! - Here's Why!

Hi jammers! I have a particularly bad news for this post. Know that ''art contest'' I hosted a day ago? Well, I have to cancel it! D:

It was not my plan to cancel it. In fact, I was so excited about the contest that I couldn't even THINK of cancelling it.
But, while reading a post on The Crazcatblog, I found out that Animal Jam now doesn't allow AJ items to be given in exchange for non-masterpiece art. I've been aware of this new rule for quite a long while through Instagram, but I just ignored it thinking it was just a troll or something. Thank you so much Crazcatlover for providing us with this information. Check out her post on her blog to read further into this topic. Click Here.

If I keep this art contest up, I will be breaking Animal Jam's rules. I would have to give the winner in-game items for (probably) art made outside of the art system. So hereby, I'm cancelling this art contest to avoid getting in trouble. I REALLY hope you guys understand.
The main problem is, I have already gotten an entry. I asked Crazcat about what to do on this issue.
To make it all up, I am going to follow Cat's advice and give the people who entered/started working on their entry a free piece of art.
So, if you are that person, kindly tell me what animal you would like to have drawn by me. I will draw it. :)
I hope you guys don't mind this.
Bye!

8 comments:

  1. A little sad, But I completely understand! :) I'm honestly pretty ok with it be cancelled, So its all good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was difficult for me to cancel my AJ art commissions, as well. I already had some commissions in my schedule, so I'm just going to do those for free. You did the right thing, Purple :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup. Also, a lot of artists (that have commissions open) aren't aware of this issue. AJ should do something about this. :(

      Delete
  3. I understand D: I understand why AJHQ did that, but I don't DX

    ReplyDelete

Looks like you've decided to comment! Cool! Feel free to share your opinion as long as it isn't hurtful. Since younger people are reading, try to keep your comments appropriate. Thanks for understanding! :D